There’s no better time than now to achieve the smile of your dreams! Today’s orthodontic treatments have made vast leaps and bounds past their older, more cumbersome predecessors.
Orthodontic appliances such as braces, even the older versions, have always been a very effective way to achieve a beautiful, healthy working mouth and smile. They are usually made of different types of metals, ceramic or plastics. Orthodontic appliances work on your teeth by applying a constant, gentle force in carefully monitored directions to slowly align your teeth properly and correct your smile.
In the past, braces were always traditionally bonded to the front of the teeth. However, nowadays there are many removable or “hidden” options you can choose from. Now there are brackets that are completely clear, and in some cases are the color of your teeth. This means that you don’t have to sacrifice the look of your smile now for an improved one later!
Let’s take a look at some of the different braces options:
- Traditional metal braces – These braces are the traditional, most common type of braces that you have seen. They are made of the highest grade stainless steel and use archwires and brackets to correct your teeth.
- Self-ligating braces – Self-ligating braces are made of the same materials as traditional metal braces. However, they do not use elastics to straightening your teeth. This allows for fewer visits to the orthodontist overall and less pressure applied to your teeth.
- Clear (ceramic) braces – Ceramic braces are made of clear materials and are a great option for patients that want to correct their teeth but not display the fact that they have braces to everyone.
- Clear aligners – These type of braces are a collection of removable, almost invisible acrylic trays. The fact that they are removable makes them very attractive to many patients because daily actions such as eating, drinking, brushing and flossing become much easier.
- Gold braces – Gold braces are almost identical to traditional metal braces. They are made from the same materials but are coated with gold for a different look.
- Lingual braces – Lingual braces are another type of invisible braces. These braces are actually attached to the BACK of your teeth, rather than the front. They are usually used by actors, models, athletes and other professionals that do not want anything tainting their smile.
If you want to achieve a picture perfect smile, please contact us here at Loop Dental. It would be our pleasure to make your smile as bright as possible!