March 13th, 2018
Whiter teeth are a common goal. You may brush frequently and watch what liquids you consume but does it seem like your teeth are still not white? With so many options for teeth whitening, you may be overwhelmed.
During the procedure, a hydrogen peroxide-based gel is applied to the surface of your teeth and it quickly works to break down all stains. With this option, you will receive immediate results and take comfort in knowing Loop Dental’s expert staff provided the service.
For at-home treatments, teeth whitening trays are an option. Custom made trays, and whitening gel can be ordered through your dentist to allow for convenient whitening.
- How long does it take to see results? Typically, at-home tray whitening takes 10-14 days to complete with results sometimes appearing in as few as three to five days.
- How long to whiten teeth with trays? Treatments with trays and gel are applied in two 20-minute applications.
- Do you brush your teeth after whitening trays? Yes, following treatment you should rinse and brush away any remaining gel.
Teeth whitening trays are a safe and highly effective way to make your smile shine. Questions like how to use dental whitening trays and how much whitening gel to use in trays are all answered at Loop Dental. Their expert staff will discuss with you the entire procedure, provide you with the highest quality of whitening equipment and consult you on any dental needs. Contact Loop Dental today for a whiter smile. http://www.loopdent.com
April 27th, 2016
More than one patient has come into our office and asked, “What can I do to help my teeth when wearing Invisalign?”
While everyone’s teeth and dental needs are different, there are certain things everyone can do to make wearing their Invisalign aligners a more rewarding experience. Always follow the list of instructions and tips from Drs. Pagani, Fernandez-Feo, Avendano, Garcia and Contreras, and add the following advice to your daily routine.
Always ask us about teeth whitening. Our team at Loop Dental knows how important it is for you to keep your teeth white and stain-free from the foods and drinks you consume daily. If you have attachments to your teeth, they will not whiten properly. Ask our office about teeth whitening when wearing your aligners; it might be best to wait until your treatment is complete.
Continue flossing every day. You should be flossing in any case. But it can be easy to assume that Invisalign will protect your teeth from bacteria. This is not true. Bacteria can get behind the aligners and affect the health of your teeth and gums, so keep up with your flossing schedule.
Follow the 48-hour rule when wearing your aligners. When you insert every new set of aligners, you should leave them in as much as possible during the first 48 hours. Your teeth will move more during this timeframe, and the aligners do the most good during this time.
You may experience slight discomfort while wearing your Invisalign aligners. You can take a pain reliever to help with the discomfort, but if you experience too much pain, please give us a call at our convenient Doral, Florida office to schedule an appointment!
April 20th, 2016
During the early days of the environmental awareness movement, those who demonstrated against pollution, toxic chemicals, and the general public health were known as hippies. The early 1970s were a time of change, and assertions that we needed to pay more attention to the Earth's atmosphere were generally dismissed. But within a couple decades, it had become clear that the previous generation was right; the citizens of the world needed to become more environmentally conscious.
Many people feel that they can't make a difference if they don't do something big. But caring for the environment doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing concept. In fact, the little things you do can add up to make a great impact, especially in our community. Here are a few ways you can help the environment on Earth Day, April 22nd and all year around.
Four Small Ways to be Environmentally Friendly
- Recycle Your Textiles. Nearly 21 million tons of textiles are added to American landfills each year, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Donating your unwanted clothing to a secondhand store or an organization that repurposes fabric helps cut down on solid waste and conserves natural resources.
- Reduce Usage of Disposables. Plastic bottles and bags, disposable diapers and other things we can use and toss out are convenient, but they're not necessary. Simply choosing to replace one of type of disposable with a reusable product can help you cut down on waste that has a large negative impact on our environment.
- Conserve Water. If everyone in the United States turned off the water while brushing their teeth, more than 1.5 million gallons of water could be conserved. Turn the water on long enough to wet your toothbrush for brushing and rinsing, and then immediately turn the water off again.
- Turn Off the Lights. Flip the light switch to "Off" if you're going to leave a particular room for 15 minutes or more. This will conserve energy on incandescent light bulbs and cut down on cooling costs.
It's not necessary to be an activist or install solar panels all over your home to help the environment. Although you can do these things, the little everyday measures make a big difference in helping to conserve energy and the environment, while reducing your carbon footprint. Our team at Loop Dental wants to remind you to celebrate Earth Day and help the environment, knowing that it will benefit your and your children's generation.
April 13th, 2016
When it comes to straightening your smile, our team at Loop Dental knows that having a mouth full of metal braces may not be your idea of fun. Luckily for you, Drs. Pagani, Fernandez-Feo, Avendano, Garcia and Contreras can offer a cosmetic alternative: Invisalign!
Using a series of clear, comfortable, and completely customized aligners, you can get the smile you’ve always wanted without traditional braces.
Since Invisalign aligners are discreet, they’re hardly noticeable when you speak and smile, and because they’re removable, you can eat and drink whatever you want. Just remember to brush and floss before putting your aligners back in! Treatment with Invisalign is just as effective as with metal braces, and the results are just as amazing!
If you want to know more about Invisalign, contact our Doral, Florida office to schedule an appointment.